Samstag, 27. März 2010

so walk with me on this new spring morning, I'll walk you 'till your fears are none//

it´s been two weeks now, but i spent the most beautiful weekend ever in london. the reason i went there in the first place was to see some concerts. well, not any concerts, it has been my most favourite bands: NOAH AND THE WHALE and MUMFORD & SONS.

i was really excited, seeing them both play for the first time ever, twon days in a row. reminded me a little bit at my ACTIC MONLEYS and THE KOOKS concerts last year, that made me start this blog.

well, long story short - it was worth the travelling.


NOAH AND THE WHALE played at the sold out roundhouse. already the statge set-up made me wanna fall on my knees. there where about 20 granny like lamps standing all over the stage, promising the best light that can be there on a stage. and well, the light created an amazing atmosphere, making me feel like beeing alone with NOAH AND THE WHALE in my livingroom. hahaha.

here is a live-video from this night.


you can give up anything when you're following your heart
I never had the time to show I could depart
with my whole being, go back to the start
oh I promised more in vows then I ever give with my heart
but I'll be lonely
oh again

broken hearts are a fickle thing and complicated too
I thought I believed in love but I've never seen it through
oh I didn't marry the girl I loved
I saw my world cave in, felt like giving up
but I'll be laughing
oh again

I've been looking for hope these days
but loves not finding me
but now my hearts been broken there is nothing you can do
I'm impenetrable to pain
oh, you can break my broken heart
oh no, you can break my broken heart

i loved NOAH AND THE WHALE from the first day on. i felt like i found a treasure, when i heard the shape of my heart for the first time. it´s all about broken hearts and sadness. oh, how i know those feelings. i liked the irony they had in their sad songs at the first album peaceful the world lays me down and i was a little shocked that they lost their ironic twinkles at the first day of spring. well, but i know those scars and i know how it feels to be heartbroken again. so wthf, be heartbroken and sing it out loud. at least i know, i am not alone in this. and hey, charlie is a good company in beeing heartbroken.

so here we go again, one more sad song from the roundhouse:


the concert just made me love the band more and more. they are amazing musicians and as i see it now, the first days of spring is a masterpiece. thousand times better than their debut. what i could never imagine to be possible at all. so i´m looking forward to everything thats coming up from NOAH AND THE WHALE. i´ll travel the world to see them play again. and again. and again.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen