Samstag, 27. März 2010

oh tell me now, where was my fault in loving you with my whole heart//

after NOAH AND THE WHALE left the stage, i got myself back into reality, we left the roundhouse for a dicos night at koko. hahaha. well, we got there and right the minute another concert started. we saw two young british bands, probably "the new big thing" but they didn´t really impress me. the last slot was covered by THE VIEW - these cute scotthis guys who sang about their jeans and tried to be like PETE DOHERTY a little too much. i once wanted to see them play in vienna, but they had to cancel the gig, because the singer partied a little too hard...

well, i learned from that night, that you don´t have to feel sorry ever, if a gig is canceld. 1st, you´ll probably get a second chance to see the band play and 2nd it´s most of the time not worth the complaining. maybe you would have been better off, never seeing them play.

so, i skip this concerts and talk about the next really amazing concert that i was able to be a part of in london. MUMFORD & SONS. oh, how amazing was that?


i think the sheperds bush empire is probably one of the most charming venues i can imagine and the venue really suits MUMFORD & SONS. i think they should have a weeky show there. or even better: a weekly show at one of our beautiful theaters here in vienna? this band belongs into a theater with red curtains and balconys from which you can watch those guys play their music. there can be nothing more beautiful, exciting and overwhelming to be played on a theater stage than MUMFORD & SONS songs. they made me forget everything around me and i caught myself smiling the biggest smile ever, having some little tears runing down my cheeks and goosebumps all over my body. oh, i feel it again, just writing about it. intense.



rip the earth in two with your mind
seal the urge which ensues with brass wires
I never meant you any harm
but your tears feel warm as they fall on my forearm

but close my eyes for a while
force from the world a patient smile

how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
the blind man sleeps in the doorway, his home
if only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won

but I gave you all


and i don´t say that often: believe the hype!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen