Samstag, 24. April 2010

when the birds are sleeping, thats when the trees sing//

sometimes i just can´t stop listening to a song, a band or an album. i think i´m really getting on peoples nerves with my osbession on the three bands that are creating the soundtrack to my spring 2010. i just can´t stop listening, can´t stop talking about them and can´t stop forcing people to start to listen to their tunes as well and of course start to love them at least as much as is do. hahaha. so one more round in my little game called "you have to love them even more":

SEABEAR


the lovely melancholie of sindri már sigfússon makes me just forget everything around me. the music takes me away, to a little dreamland that other bands like to call ochrasy or albion. we call our treasureland seaberia. oh, how i´d would love to spent my lifetime in beautiful seaberia.

Seabear: i´ll build you a fire from morr music on Vimeo.



wanna come with me?


you left your winter clothes,
and your teeth marks in my skin

so shake the leaves, off the trees,
watch them float down the stream
your son, your daughter
swimming in the water

and I miss you, even when you're around
I'm a black cloud,
sending lightning to the ground

darling please, show your teeth
just one more dance to help me sleep
oh girl, cold water eyes
fill the past with friendly nights
human skin, can be hard to live in
you'll feel better in the morning
wash your hands in the lake
you've got a heart

trails lost in the snow
make way for winter's eerie glow
and that black rock in your bedroom
I hope you'll climb it soon
in your boat, tied to a tree
I hope you'll find the sea

throw me a dream please, it's been a dreamless sleep
for such a long time, such a long time
sing myself awake
watch the branches break
no one could ever take your place

wash your face in the lake
you've got a diamond under your skin

the second band that really makes my days right now is - surprise - a danish band. the observing readers may have discovered my deep love for danish music by now. if not, there will be some chances in the next couple of weeks to learn more about this great musiccountry and its amazing artists, as i am finally going to visit denmark in may. yay!

but here we go, i want to introduce you - again - to the charming guys of TURBOWEEKEND and the lovely WHEN SAINTS GO MACHINE...

don´t deny me this pleasure, please.

TURBOWEEKEND


seems to me, that mixing indierock and electronic music is not a revolution anymore and i know that there are thousands and thousands of bands who describe their sound exactly like this, but: no one does it as god as the danish bands. i love their fresh and organic way to electronic music and i really think no one does it better than TURBOWEEKEND and of course WHEN SAINTS GO MACHINE.



if you’ve been moonlighted I don’t need to know
just stand beside me now. Come with me when I go
a perfect match lights a perfect fire logically
I’ll trust you madly if you’ll keep your secrecy

when we walk in the dark I hear wolves around us
would you let them through the kitchendoor?
if you try to satisfy them with a taste
they’ll only hunt you down for more

did I see something or was it nothing?
just a flicker that’s already gone
did you see something, something or nothing?
would you mind if we turned the lights on?
did I see something or was it nothing?
give me a sign to prove me wrong
did you see something, something or nothing?
I need a push or pull to move along

the chase sometimes is sweeter than the catch
milk and honey every day and the angels gets lazy and fat
what I mean to say is that I love you, practically
I keep you always in mind no matter who I see

when we lie in your bed there’s a ghost between us
and a double voice when we talk
I don’t kow how much longer we can hide
the second shadows everywhere we walk

and if that was not enough, here comes the next reason to really love this band:



WHEN SAINTS GO MACHINE
there are no words left for my absolutely favourite band right now. WHEN SAINTS GO MACHINE - thos four words are like magic to my ears. enjoy.







and if you don´t love them now, we just can´t be friends...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen